ggpmisc::stat_poly_eq() does not consider weighting by a variable


ggpmisc::stat_poly_eq() does not consider weighting by a variable



How can I get ggpmisc::stat_poly_eq() to take into account weighting by a variable? I don't see in the documentation a parameter to include weight as it exists in geom_smooth and if I try to force it within aes() it results in 'Warning: Ignoring unknown parameters: weight.' I am aware of other workarounds to print the correct equation as shown here but it would be so much cleaner to have it in stat_poly_eq(). Has anybody figured this out or am I missing something? Thanks everyone.


stuff<-structure(list(var = 2:31, mean = c(17026.5, 11028.6842105263,
13113.1111111111, 11087.3679395386, 9863.8664212548, 10060.676012167,
9378.01091924399, 9790.67922990444, 8569.95788246269, 8839.68511390887,
7656.50625471556, 7370.78564257028, 7939.13425925926, 7541.83192090395,
8845.67474747475, 8023.03099415205, 6373.05976190476, 6337.93259803922,
6824.79901960784, 7450.80769230769, 6651.81884057971, 5548.59722222222,
7802.78205128205, 3627.07407407407, 2471, 2248.33333333333, 1368.7,
2104.25, 742, 2097.5), n = c(2L, 19L, 150L, 419L, 1562L, 3178L,
3880L, 2965L, 4288L, 2780L, 2209L, 664L, 54L, 59L, 66L, 57L,
50L, 34L, 34L, 26L, 23L, 18L, 13L, 9L, 7L, 7L, 5L, 2L, 4L, 2L
)), .Names = c("var", "mean", "n"), row.names = c(NA, -30L), class = "data.frame")


ggplot(data=stuff, aes(x=var, y=mean))+
geom_point()+
geom_smooth(aes(weight=n), method='lm', formula = y~x)+
stat_poly_eq(aes(label=paste(..eq.label.., ..rr.label.., sep="~~~")),
formula=y~x, label.x.npc=0.8, label.y.npc=0.8,
coef.digits=3, parse=TRUE)



figure from stuff data


#currently, the equation printed in the plot does not correspond to the coefficients resulting with weigth=n

truecoeff<-lm(data=stuff, mean~var, weight=n)

truecoeff




1 Answer
1



Thanks for reporting this! I have created an Issue from your message. This is now fixed in the development version to be submitted during the current week to CRAN as 'ggpmisc' 0.3.0.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Extract Id from Twitch Clip URL

Why are these constructs (using ++) undefined behavior in C?

I'm Still Waiting (Diana Ross song)